Provost announces date of town hall forum on sexual misconduct, working group membership

2016-07-10_Tower_Fountain_Stock_Zoe
Zoe Fu

The University has finalized the Misconduct Working Group’s membership roster and the date of the town hall forum to discuss sexual misconduct, according to an email sent by Provost Maurie McInnis on Friday. 

The group will be reviewing the University’s sexual misconduct policies and reporting process, according to the group’s website. The list of the working group’s members on the website includes McInnis, student protest organizers, faculty members, university leaders and representatives from external law firm Husch Blackwell. 

“The work of this group is enormously important, and I appreciate the contributions and expertise these members bring to our collective effort,” McInnis said in the email sent to the working group’s email list and provided to The Daily Texan by the University.

Husch Blackwell representatives are also conducting a review of the University’s policies, and McInnis confirmed the firm’s findings will be shared publicly. The law firm has previously reviewed the Title IX policies at other universities, such as Texas A&M. 

Student protest organizers announced Tuesday that President Gregory Fenves and McInnis would attend the town hall forum. According to the email sent by McInnis, the forum will be held Jan. 27, but the specific time and location are still being determined.

McInnis said the University will publish future updates about the group on the group’s website and through the email list.