UT removes SAT and ACT requirement for fall 2021 undergraduate admissions

breakingnewsUSETHISONE
Rena Li

Students applying to the University for fall 2021 undergraduate admission will not be required to submit an SAT or ACT score as part of their application, according to a Tuesday UT News release.

The changes will ensure that testing limitations related to COVID-19 will not affect students’ ability to apply to the University, according to the release.

“Suspending this requirement ensures that students have the information they need to complete their application for admission,” executive director of admissions Miguel Wasielewski said in the release. 

While a test score will temporarily not be required, students may submit SAT or ACT scores for consideration, according to the release. Including test scores in an application will not provide an advantage for applicants. 

“ACT or SAT test scores, when provided, will continue to serve as just one of the many factors considered in our review of a student’s application,” the release said. 

According to the statement, the University has a holistic review process for applications and considers a number of factors during the application process. 

“Student ACT or SAT scores provide the university additional information that, when considered alongside many other factors, allows UT Austin to ensure it can effectively support the student success outcomes of admitted and enrolling students,” the release said. 

The test requirement will be reinstated for fall 2022 freshman admission, according to the release.