Games to watch: Week 12

Lillian Michel/ The Daily Texan

No. 9 Indiana at No. 3 Ohio State 
Nov. 21, 11 a.m. CT, FOX

The Hoosiers are looking to extend their first 4–0 start since 1987 this week in Columbus, Ohio. This matchup also marks the first time that Indiana will play a regular season top-10 matchup in program history. The Buckeyes are coming off of an unexpected bye after their game with Maryland was canceled because of COVID-19. While the Hoosiers have surprised us all this season, they’ll have to hold off the explosive No. 3 Ohio State offense and junior quarterback Justin Fields. 

No. 14 Oklahoma State at No. 18 Oklahoma
Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m. CT, ABC

College GameDay and the Oklahoma State Cowboys are traveling to Norman for the Bedlam series. While the Sooners had a shaky start to their season, they’ve now won four straight matchups. Redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Rattler has been improving every game, but he and the Oklahoma offense will have a challenge with the Cowboy defense. The Cowboys have given up less than 300 passing yards in every game and have held each Big 12 opponent under their season scoring average. However, OSU is riding a five-game losing streak against the Sooners. Head coach Mike Gundy is 2–13 overall against OU. Will the Sooners extend the streak to six, or will Mike Gundy yell at the band this week?

No. 4 Clemson at Florida State
Nov. 21, 11 a.m. CT, ABC

After coming off a hard-fought loss to Notre Dame two weeks ago, the Tigers are refreshed and ready for the Seminoles. The Tigers still have a couple of starters out due to injury, but junior quarterback Trevor Lawrence is set to return after missing the past two games because of a positive COVID-19 test. The Seminoles come into the game with a 2–6 record after a loss to NC State last weekend. It’s been a whirlwind season for first-year head coach Mike Norvell after he tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this season. The Seminoles are hoping to bounce back after losing several of their starting offense and quarterback to injuries and COVID-19 last week.

UCLA at No. 11 Oregon
Nov. 21, 2:30 p.m. CT, ESPN2

UCLA head coach and former Oregon coach Chip Kelly returns to Eugene, Oregon, for a widely anticipated matchup with the Ducks. After dropping its first game against Colorado, UCLA saw its second game against Utah be canceled because of COVID-19. The Bruins handily defeated an underprepared Cal team last week with their quick new offensive tempo. While the Ducks will be missing a few key players this weekend, the Bruins will still have to navigate their highly ranked defense. Will the new offensive tempo be enough to slow down Oregon?