Speak Like a Local

Preply, Promoted

Preply graphic showing up to 15 percent discount

Parlez-vous français? ¿Habla español? Parli italiano?

Whether you have post-pandemic dreams of traveling the world and sounding like a local, or merely are trying to satisfy the foreign language requirements for your major, learning a new language is not a one-time thing. It takes practice and commitment to build a habit, and ultimately become proficient.

Students at The University of Texas at Austin are required to have completed two years of a foreign language in high school, but deficiencies may be addressed by taking college level courses to meet the beginning level of proficiency.

UT offers excellent language classes, and the degree requirements differ from college to college. For example, achieving intermediate proficiency in a foreign language is required in the College of Liberal Arts. Students in the Moody College of Communication must demonstrate intermediate proficiency, or take two consecutive courses in one language and one approved culture course relevant to the language. Foreign language and culture requirements vary by degree in the College of Natural Sciences. Students in the Cockrell School of Engineering are expected to meet the University’s basic education requirements for admission.

Like many students, you might find yourself struggling to keep up and earn the grades you want. Some tutoring sessions are available at the University, such as through the Sanger Learning Center. However, you might be seeking other options to match your schedule, language and desired skill level. That’s where Preply can help.

Preply can help you build up your fluency in more than 20 languages, such as Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Hindi, Portuguese and more. The best tutors from 185 countries are available for private online lessons, taking into consideration your individual needs and giving you confidence as you work towards your highest potential. As a college student, discounts up to 15% off are available for live one-on-one language lessons. Over 100,000 students monthly are joining Preply to achieve their goals.

Already multilingual and want to help someone else learn? You can earn money on your own timetable when you tutor online with Preply. Be your own boss and teach anytime, anywhere, with no minimum time commitment or fixed schedule. On average, tutors with Preply charge $15-25 per hour. You’ll also have the chance to grow professionally, with support in training webinars that will help upgrade your skills.

Ready to find a tutor or begin teaching? Visit www.preply.com or download the mobile app to get started.