The Texan’s guide to fall drinks across West Campus

Avery Hough, Life and Arts Reporter

With the smell of pumpkin spice in the air and temperatures *slightly* dropping, it’s beginning to feel like fall. The Daily Texan ranked seasonal drinks from Lucky Lab Coffee, Starbucks Coffee and Medici Roasting. Grab a friend and take a Texan-guided West Campus coffee tour.

Lucky Lab Coffee

Jacob Levy/The Daily Texan

2421 San Antonio St

Maple Cinnamon Oat Latte

This latte encapsulates autumn in a steaming hot drink. The taste of coffee balances well with strong flavors of candied maple syrup and the perfect amount of cinnamon.

Longhorn Brulee Latte

A guaranteed crowd favorite this season, the delicious caramel beverage provides a top tier flavor with subtle hints of orange. Although mouth-wateringly tasty, this drink does not present flavors exclusive to autumn, coincidentally not earning a spot at the top.

Pear Vanilla Sage Sweet Cream Latte

This drink tastes like dessert. For those with an affinity for the duality of a pear, this foamy concoction combines the fruity flavor with rich sweet cream. However, the taste of coffee gets lost in the mix.

Honey Grapefruit Limeade

An amazing non-coffee choice from the fall drink menu, the Honey Grapefruit Limeade will please sour-lovers with its refreshing twist on a classic limeade.

Rosemary Whisky Latte

This latte tastes intensely of rosemary. For those individuals looking for a sophisticated herbal drink to keep them warm in the fall, this drink nails the vibes, but lacks comfortability and practicality.

Starbucks Coffee 

starbs_2018-04-19_Starbucks_Shutting_Down_Ryan
Ryan Lam/ The Daily Texan

504 W 24th St Suite B

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew

This iced beverage provides the ideal ratio of coffee to sugar. Topped off with orange pumpkin foam and a dash of cinnamon, this fall time staple attracts people in taste and presentation, not disappointing on hot autumn days in Texas.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Since its conception in 2003, the Pumpkin Spice Latte continues to be a fall favorite, yet the gourdiness overtakes any taste of coffee. For those who love a caffeine boost but can’t stand the bitterness of an espresso, this latte works wonders.

Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato

This drink requires constant stirring to taste any apple flavor. The caramel apple drizzle doesn’t mix with the coffee and settles at the bottom of the cup. The Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato looks appealing with an aesthetically pleasing white brown gradient, but falls short on palpatiable fuse. Overall, the drink does not deliver the apple pie flavor Starbucks’ menu promises.

Medici Roasting 

2013-07-09_Cafe_Medici_Renovation_Mengwen_Cao1545
Mengwen Cao/ The Daily Texan

2222 Guadalupe St B

Cinnamon Sugar Freddo

A blend of espresso, milk and cinnamon together to make a satisfyingly rich beverage. Freddo, traditionally a cold milk-based coffee originating in Greece, provides a unique drink not seen in many other coffee shops.

Autumn Leaves

A mix of tea and coffee, this drink offers a powerful herbal flavor. The combination of Earl Grey and cold brew initially comes off as confusing, but ultimately provides the ideal punch of caffeine for productive studying.