Best Online Therapy Platforms 2022

Top 3 Online Therapy Platforms 2022

Are you considering online therapy but aren’t sure which platform to choose to connect with a licensed therapist or counselor? Experts from therapy-reviews.com researched and tested the most popular online therapy platforms. Here are their top picks for the best online therapy services in 2022 that can set you up with a licensed counselor directly from your home.

Calmerry – Best Overall

Pros:

• Live video sessions and unlimited messaging
  • Free self-care tools
  • Easy-to navigate website with good resources
  • Licensed therapists
  • Quick matching with therapists by Calmerry staff
  • Switch to a different provider at no cost to you
  • Friendly support team is available 24/7

Cons:

• Doesn’t accept insurance
  • No medication management services

Calmerry is a relatively new online therapy platform that provides sessions with licensed therapists. Clients can switch therapists for free to find a good match. Calmerry employs only licensed therapists that offer support services for a wide range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, OCD, and other mental health concerns like relationship issues, grief and loss, and more. Calmerry is also a good option for people who are looking for self-esteem counseling and LGBTQ+ friendly therapy.

Clients can message their therapist at any time and get responses 1-2 times a day. Weekly live video sessions last for 30 minutes. All Calmerry users get access to their Reflection Helper, a free chatbot designed to help them track their mood and create journal entries to self-reflect on their online therapy journey.

Talkspace – Best for Using Insurance

Pros:

• Individual and couples therapy, teen counseling
  • Prescriptions
  • Resource library
  • Accepts different health insurance plans
  • Employee assistance programs available

Cons:

• No group therapy available
  • Can only choose a therapist from algorithm-selected matches

Talkspace is one of the most well-known online therapy companies. It’s a subscription-based online therapy platform that offers clients easy access to a licensed therapist of their choice through unlimited messaging and live video sessions. Users can also leave audio messages.

Talkspace is one of the few online therapy services that accept certain insurance plans. Users can check their eligibility online as they sign up. Talkspace also partners with different employee assistance programs (EAPs). That means that clients can talk to a counselor online without breaking the bank.

BetterHelp – Best Network of Therapists

Pros:

• Individual, couples, and teen counseling
  • Therapists’ bios displayed on website before you sign up
  • Weekly group therapy sessions (optional)

Cons:

• No free trial
  • Is not covered by insurance

BetterHelp touts itself as the largest online therapy platform in the world that helps clients with a range of mental health issues, including stress, burnout, depression, anxiety, relationships problems, trauma, grief, addiction, eating disorders, and more. The online therapy services on BetterHelp are not covered by insurance, but some clients may apply for financial aid.

Prior to signing up, users can browse through the detailed bios of the therapists that work with this online therapy platform. Users can cancel their subscription at any time through their private portal, for any reason, but you will not be refunded for any unused sessions.

Final Thought

Online access to treatment makes it easier to overcome the stigma that has been attached to mental health issues. Online therapy can be a great tool to help you improve your mental well-being, learn more about healthy behaviors and coping strategies, and be better equipped to face the challenges of life.