Games to Watch – Week 11

Christina Huang, Double Coverage Editor

No. 9 Alabama @ No. 11 Ole Miss

2:30 p.m. CT, CBS

Alabama’s chances at making the College Football Playoff were wiped away after a 32-31 overtime loss at No. 7 LSU. Last Saturday’s win was the first time the Tigers beat the Crimson Tide in Baton Rouge since 2010. Lane Kiffin’s Rebels are coming off of a bye week, after nearly losing to Texas A&M on Oct. 29. Ole Miss left Kyle Field with a tight 31-28 win. Kiffin is the latest branch of the Nick Saban coaching tree to face his former boss as a head coach this year. Ole Miss’ head coach was Alabama’s offensive coordinator from 2014-2016. This SEC matchup should be a good one as Saban looks to get the Tide back on track against one of his own former assistants. 

No. 25 Washington @ No. 6 Oregon

6:00 p.m. CT, FOX

Washington quarterback and Indiana transfer Michael Penix Jr. is currently having one of his most productive seasons of college football. Penix has already thrown for 3,232 yards in nine games, which is already the most yards he’s ever thrown for in a single season. Meanwhile, Oregon quarterback and Auburn transfer Bo Nix is leading his team on a three-month win streak. The Ducks have not lost a game since their disastrous 49-3 season opening loss to the No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs. Nix has not been sacked since Oct. 1, and he’s only been intercepted five times this season. It’ll be a battle of the transfer quarterbacks at Autzen Stadium, as Washington looks to stay in the rankings and as Oregon tries to maintain dominance. 

No. 19 Kansas State @ Baylor

6:00 p.m. CT, FS1

Kansas State and Baylor are the other two teams, besides Texas, that still have a chance to earn the second spot in the Big 12 title game. While Baylor is unranked, it’s on a three-game win streak. The Bears are finally starting to find their rhythm after a shaky start to their season. Meanwhile, Kansas State is looking to regroup after its tough loss to Texas last weekend. For both Kansas State and Baylor, this game is a must win. This matchup should be pretty competitive, considering that Baylor has the second-best offense in the conference while Kansas State has the second-best defense. Expect a close contest on Saturday night in Waco.