Austin Live Music Monthly

Trisha Dasgupta, Life&Arts Desk Reporter

With hundreds of venues and a thriving live music scene known worldwide, Austin boasts plenty of opportunities to catch concerts from all types of artists. The Daily Texan compiled a list of July music events at different price points across Austin.

FREE: Hot Summer Nights in The Red River Cultural District

July 20 – 23

The Red River Cultural District invites Austinites to a free three-day music festival from July 20 to 23, showcasing hundreds of artists from all over Texas. From rock and roll to folk music, bands of all genres will perform at Hot Summer Nights at different venues around downtown Austin. The festival aims to introduce up-and-coming performers to a larger audience while stimulating the local economy — dozens of local vendors and businesses will provide food and drinks for concertgoers. 

FREE: Nichole Wagner at The Cactus Cafe

July 28 

Since The Cactus Cafe’s opening in 1979, thousands of singers have taken the stage at the on-campus live music venue in The Texas Union. This month, singer-songwriter Nichole Wagner will perform her confessional Americana and folk-pop at the intimate venue. Singing about heavy topics ranging from navigating trauma to coping with heartbreak, Wagner’s show promises to tug at any listener’s heartstrings. 

$10: The Last Jimenez at The Continental Club

July 25

Austin also boasts the title of “home of the blues,” a feat cultivated by various blues musicians who have performed in the city throughout the decades. On July 25, south Texas soul musician The Last Jimenez will perform his debut album “Some Nights,” joining the long list of blues and soul legends who graced the stage at the historic Continental Club in downtown Austin. 

$17: Wallice at Antone’s Nightclub

July 11

LA-based singer-songwriter Wallice will bring indie pop to the iconic Antone’s Nightclub on July 11. After opening for Harry Styles’ “Love On Tour” and The 1975’s “At Their Very Best” tours, the singer has cultivated a steady and ever-growing following. Fans of pop and alternative artists will have a great time listening to Wallice’s dreamy alt-pop tunes. 

Starting at $40: Ayushmann Khurrana and Neeti Mohan Live at Bass Concert Hall

July 28 

Straight from Bollywood, Ayushmann Khurrana and Neeti Mohan are embarking on their first North American tour. Known for their powerful voices and roles in various Bollywood movies, both artists have received critical acclaim in India for their stunning musical performances. The two will perform songs from their movie soundtracks at the Bass Concert Hall on campus. 

Starting at $75: Don Toliver: Thee Love Sick Tour 2023 at The Moody Center

July 11

Rapper and songwriter Don Toliver will head to The Moody Center on July 11, performing songs from his newest album “Love Sick.” Making waves in the industry with recent collaborations with Lil Uzi Vert and an upcoming festival performance with H.E.R., Toliver’s performance will surely impress rap fans. 

Starting at $195: Paramore at The Moody Center

July 9

Since 2004, Paramore’s rock and roll has captured the hearts of millions of fans, with lead singer Hayley Williams’ phenomenal stage presence, bounce-off-the-walls energy and killer vocals highlighting her in the pop-punk scene. Williams, who recently opened for longtime friend and soon-to-be collaborator Taylor Swift on her massive “The Eras Tour,” will be a must-watch at The Moody Center on July 9.