Light-hearted movies to watch during midterm season

As midterm exams slowly come near, getting lost in the books inevitably occurs. The Daily Texan compiled a list of light-hearted movies to watch on Netflix for a break from studying. 

“Just Go With It”

“Just Go With It” follows plastic surgeon Danny Maccabee (Adam Sandler) as he pretends to be married so he can date with no strings attached. But when the girl of his dreams, Palmer (Brooklyn Decker), refuses to date a “married man,” Danny recruits his assistant, Katherine (Jennifer Aniston), to pose as his ex-wife so Palmer will date him. As Danny gets caught up in his web of lies, he slowly realizes he chased the wrong girl. An Adam Sandler classic, this romantic comedy slowly unfolds a hidden center to warm the heart. 

“Bridesmaids”

An unapologetically comedic film, “Bridesmaids” produces the perfect display of laugh-out-loud performances. The story follows an out-of-work baker, Annie Walker (Kristen Wigg), as she attempts to weave her way through the expensive task upheld by the maid of honor for her lifelong best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph). Annie leads this bride-to-be and the other bridesmaids through a rollercoaster of fun, mayhem and adventure to prove that the title of best friend belongs to her. This movie combines heartfelt emotions and the sounds of laughter together in every scene.   

“Yes Day”

“Yes Day,” a family classic, allows watchers to feel like a kid again. The main characters, Allison (Jennifer Garner) and Carlos (Èdgar Ramirez), believe they always say “no” to their kids, so they decide to see what happens when they grant 24 hours to their kids to establish the rules. With water balloon conquests, foam-filled houses and a performance from H.E.R., the antics become more eccentric by the second. Follow as this family tugs at the heart and reminds everyone how it feels to live carefree.   

“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”

This classic walks through the life of Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick), an adventurous high schooler, as he shows the audience his talent of skipping school without consequences. As Ferris plans to attempt one last grand scheme before graduation, he ropes his friends, Cameron (Alan Ruck) and Sloane (Mia Sara), into his mischief. “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” encapsulates what it means to grasp onto life and put the books aside for a bit. Ferris said it best himself, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”     

“Senior Year”

Rebel Wilson stars in this hysterical movie about a high school cheerleader, Stephanie Conway, who falls into a coma and wakes up 2o years later. Now 37 years old, Stephanie wishes to return to high school, reclaim her status and win the title of prom queen. An eye-opening film, “Senior Year” introduces a new level of 21st-century humor. This movie will cast all the exam worries away and leave the audience with a cozy sensation.