West Mall Post Office reopens, offering full suite of mail, copying, printing

Lorianne Willett

Document Solutions opened in the former U.S. Postal Service’s West Mall location on Tuesday, June 25, according to a University press release. 

The reopening comes after the USPS West Mall post office closed in January. Document Solutions, UT’s certified USPS full-service mail handler, permanently closed its location in the Steve Hicks School of Social Work on June 24, to exclusively operate in the West Mall location.

“The idea is that (Document Solutions) will provide the same mail and postal services, but it also provides copy service (and) business services,” said Meredith Pruitt, the associate vice president of communications and engagement. 

Pruitt said students and staff can expect to receive the same types of services they received in the Social Work building but at a more central location on campus. Passport services are now only available at Texas Global in the Tower.  

“(Students) can take advantage of many other business services provided by Document Solutions,” Pruitt said. “They can get everything they were getting at the School of Social Work, plus the mail services offered there.”