The Tale of two Taylors

DSC_3435_file_Shweta_Gulati
Shweta Gulati

Taylor Hoagland left Texas as the school’s career leader in home runs (58), runs (221), walks (178), on-base percentage (.501) and slugging percentage (.708).

Texas Women's Softball standouts Taylor Thom and Taylor Hoagland have been selected to play for the 2013 USA Women’s National Team. The decision was announced early Friday afternoon by USA Softball and the Amateur Softball Association.

Both are coming off a successful Texas season which saw the Longhorns make their third trip in program history to the Women's College World Series semifinal and their highest post-season ranking, finishing No. 3 in both the USA Today/National Fastpitch Coaches Association and ESPN.com/USA Softball final polls. The ranking from the NFCA is the highest Texas has ever been in the organization's final poll, while the mark is tied with the 2006 squad for the highest in the last USA Softball poll.

Hoagland's second USA roster selection after three invitations will finalize what was an outstanding career as a Longhorn while Thom, a junior, will be playing with the national team for the first time, before returning for her senior season at Texas.

The USA women's softball team will begin play for the World Cup of Softball in Oklahoma City on July 11-14, before competing in events throughout the summer in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.