Man shot at Sigma Chi house Sunday morning, APD still looking for suspects

A shooting early this morning at the Sigma Chi house has left one person injured.

APD responded to gunshots at 27th and Nueces streets around 3 a.m. in the morning. There was a party at the time and the man shot was a security guard at the fraternity house.  

The guard was transported University Medical Center at Brackenridge and the injuries the security guard has are not life-threatening according to Cindy Posey, associate director of communications for university operations.

An APD press release said one of the suspects was asked to leave the party and when the suspect returned, this led to an altercation and the guard was shot.

APD is currently handling the incident and said there are three suspects currently at large. They said this is an isolated incident and is not a further threat to the public.

All three are males with one described as Hispanic wearing a red jersey and khaki pants with yellow trim, another with light brown hair wearing a blue shirt, and another with tattooed sleeves wearing a white shirt and black pants.

No arrests have been made at this time.

“The safety of our students and community members is always our most important concern,” UT said in an official statement.  “We will provide assistance to Austin Police as they investigate this morning's off-campus shooting. We will also offer counseling and support to students who were at the party or affected by it.”

This story has been updated since it's original publication. The Daily Texan will continue to update this story as we get more information.