Anti-Trump graffiti spotted around UT campus

Anti-Trump graffiti has appeared in several areas around UT campus in the wake of the Republican president-elect’s rise to the White House on Tuesday night.

Electrical boxes on the outside of the Phi Gamma Delta house on 27th Street and Guadalupe Street, as well as buildings on 24th Street and Guadalupe Street and 22nd Street and Guadalupe Street, all bear graffiti reading “[Expletive deleted] Trump.”

Identical graffiti at Walter Webb Hall has been reported to the UT Police Department. The additional incidents have not been formally reported to UTPD, according to Cindy Posey, associate director of communications for University Operations.

On Wednesday, over 250 students protested Trump’s election in the Main Mall, marching around campus and eventually through the downtown Austin area.

Similar protests have erupted on college campuses across the country. Texas State University, Texas A&M University in College Station, the University of California Los Angeles, Yale University, the University of California San Diego and the University of Southern California have all reported similar protests since the president-elect’s victory in Washington.

Posey said students should report incidents of graffiti to UTPD at 512-471-4441.