Get pumped for these 5 summer album releases

Ariana_2017-04_06_Ariana_Grande_Joshua

As the semester draws to a close and summer fast approaches, students will soon decide what music to blast while sitting poolside or taking road trips with friends. To help Longhorns make the most of their summer, The Daily Texan has made a list of 5 anticipated albums to be released this summer.

Untitled Album by Kanye West — June 1

Kanye West is in the middle of an ongoing Twitter spree since his return to the platform in mid-April, including the announcement of a spree of upcoming albums, one of which is his own. While there is much speculation about what the title of his Life of Pablo follow-up will be, West has yet to officially confirm or deny any rumors and will likely keep fans guessing until the album’s release.

According to Kanye, the newest Yeezy album will consist of seven songs and could be named anything from his February 2016 proposed title, “Turbo Grafx 16,” to his most recent suggestion, “LOVE EVERYONE.” Whatever it’ll be, we’re here for it.

Noonday Dream by Ben Howard — June 1

For his first release in four years, Ben Howard will likely be taking a new direction with Noonday Dream, his upcoming third album.

The first single off the album, “A Boat to an Island on the Wall,” is more ambient and than his previous, predominately acoustic-based work. Howard experiments with synthesizers and electronic influences, which makes for a fun and mellow spin to his folksy sound. The standard streaming release of Noonday Dream will feature 10 tracks, while the vinyl album will contain two bonus songs.

Kids See Ghost by Kids See Ghost — June 8

The group, comprised of Kanye West and Kid Cudi, will be releasing their self-titled debut album.

With little information as to the music on the album, fans are left in anticipation as June 8 approaches. However, with eccentric artist Takashi Murakami doing the album’s artwork, it’s safe to say we can expect some pretty out-of-the-box music to come.

Pray for the Wicked by Panic! At the Disco “ — June 22

Panic! At the Disco follows up their critically acclaimed Death of a Bachelor with their sixth studio album, Pray for the Wicked , which is produced by Jake Sinclair.

The track list is 11 songs long and includes current singles, “(Fuck a) Silver Lining,” and “Say Amen (Saturday Night).” The singles so far feature Brendon Urie’s signature vocals and have already gained traction on the charts.

With other songs on the track list such as “Roaring 20s” and “Old Fashioned,” fans are speculating that the album will feature the Sinatra crooner vibe that is in the band’s previous album.

Sweetener by Ariana Grande – July 20

The “No Tears Left to Cry” singer will release her fourth studio album, Sweetener, this summer. It will be her first release since the bombing that killed 22 at the Manchester stop of her “Dangerous Woman Tour.”

Grande revealed the title of the album and the story behind it in an interview with Jimmy Fallon on May 2, saying, “It is called Sweetener because it’s kind of about bringing light to a situation or to someone’s life or somebody else who brings light to your life or sweetens the situation.”