Vegan, gluten-free friendly vendors server options at ACL this year

dietary_restrictions_1004_EllaWilliams_DietaryRestrict
Ella Williams

This year, being conscious of dietary restrictions is trendy, so food vendors at Austin City Limits Music Festival are bringing it to the table. 

As more awareness has been brought to dietary restrictions, vendors are following suit and offering vegan and gluten-free options to festivalgoers.

Out of the 36 ACL food vendors, 20 will offer vegan options and 20 vendors will offer gluten-free options. 

Chi’lantro BBQ

Famous for its Kimchi fries, Chi’lantro is a Korean-Mexican fusion favorite in the Austin community. The distinguished spicy kimchi topping is 100% vegan, and nearly every item on the menu can be made vegan or gluten-free. Chi’lantro offers customizable bowls, tacos and burritos. 

Dean’s One Trick Pony 

Although Dean’s One Trick Pony predominantly sells burgers, the vegetarian Beyond Burger is worth standing in an ACL food line for. The disco fries complement this burger well and make for a fulfilling meal during a long day at the festival. Because they also offer gluten-free options, this burger joint is not a one-trick pony. 

Shawarma Point 

This Mediterranean eatery is near and dear to the city of Austin. This year it has pledged to offer specific vegan and gluten-free friendly options on their ACL menu. The gyros, plates and salads offered will all have a vegan alternative with falafel and vegetables. 

Tacodeli 

This Austin-based staple has an abundance of vegan and vegetarian taco options to choose from. Portobello mushrooms and roasted sweet potatoes are some of the ingredients that can be found on the menu here. Tacodeli handcrafted tacos are one-of-a-kind. The Space Cowboy taco is a fan favorite. Ordering a corn tortilla ensures that the meal is 100% gluten-free. 

Bananarchy

This frozen banana food truck is popular among students for dipping the fruit into melted chocolate and covering it with toppings such as nuts and sprinkles. Bananarchy also has a flavorful vegan chocolate option, along with many vegan-friendly toppings. Patrons can “build their own banana,” with a variety of toppings, such as sprinkles and Oreos. To beat the heat at Zilker, Bananarchy is a great way to keep cool while satisfying a sweet tooth. 

Skull and Cakebones

For a vegan at ACL, paying a visit to Skull and Cakebones is essential. All of the baked goods are plant-based and 100% vegan — and also 100% delicious. Crowd favorites include their chocolate chip cookie dough and cupcakes. 

JuiceLand

This exclusively vegan vendor is well-known around town for its vibrant smoothies and fresh juices. For anyone looking for a healthier option, a smoothie from JuiceLand is a smart choice to fulfill the craving and keep the energy flowing during a performance. Gluten-free options are available here as well.

GoodPop

Started by UT alumus Daniel Goetz, this dessert vendor focuses on using natural, non-GMO products and offers dairy-free and gluten-free popsicles. Hibiscus mint, cookies n’ cream and coconut lime and some dairy-free popsicle flavors can be enjoyed here.