Make the season worthwhile with 6 fun fall activities in Austin

Peyton Sims

With pumpkin spice flavors around every corner and a crisp breeze in the air, the beloved season of fall has officially begun. 

Set aside a day with family or friends to make new memories in Austin, whether that means hanging out at a fall festival or suppressing a scream during a horror movie. The Daily Texan compiled a list of six suggestions to make every day of fall count.

Barton Hill Farms 

Barton Hill Farms

1115 FM 969, Bastrop, TX 78602

From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every weekend, come out and enjoy Barton Hill Farms’ autumn festivities. Take a family outing here to enjoy live music, grab a snack or pick out the best pumpkin to carve for Halloween.

Sweet Berry Farm

Sweet Berry Farm 

1801 FM 1980, Marble Falls, TX 78654

Want to get lost in a giant Texas-shaped maze? If so, start planning a trip to Sweet Berry Farm. When you finish the maze, enjoy picking your own flowers, riding a hayride and posing in a pumpkin patch. 

Catch a Scary Movie

At this time of the year, it’s nearly impossible to not watch a classic horror flick. As Halloween creeps closer, catch a movie at the local Blue Starlite Theater, a drive-in which offers weekly showings of classic horror films. For a more traditional viewing experience, catch new horror blockbusters like “Candyman” at a local AMC Theater

Robinson Family Pumpkin Patch

The Robinson Family Farm 

3780 White Owl Lane, Temple, TX 76501

If fall activities like corn mazes, pumpkin patches and sunflower fields sound exciting, look no further than The Robinson Family Farm. With tickets ranging from $14-$20 per visit, this location will be offering activities every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Oct. 31. 

Texas Pumpkin Fest

Texas Pumpkin Fest

10930 E. Crystal Falls Parkway, Leander, Texas, 78641

For only $10, head out to the Texas Pumpkin Fest to enjoy a fall festival suitable for all ages. Open every day until Nov. 7, Texas Pumpkin Fest grants free admission every Monday. There’s plenty of time to attend this season, so be sure to make some memories.

Austin Haunted Houses

Looking for a Halloween fright? Austin boasts many haunted houses worth a good scream. Named as one of the scariest haunted houses in America by the Travel Network, House of Torment offers admission for $20 to $33. On the other hand, if a haunted hayride sounds more appealing, head on over to Scream Hollow. This haunted attraction not only has concessions and live music but also five different haunted houses to explore. Take the risk and attend, with tickets ranging from $22 to $40.