College Football Games to Watch – Week 3

Christina Huang, Double Coverage Editor

No. 13 Miami @ No. 24 Texas A&M

Sept. 17, 8:00 p.m. CT, ESPN

All eyes are on Texas A&M as it looks to recover from a shocking 17-14 loss to Appalachian State. The Aggies’ schedule doesn’t get much easier from here, and having No. 13 Miami roll into College Station is just the first step into the rest of the season. Saturday’s matchup will also be Miami’s first litmus test in Mario Cristobal’s inaugural season. If Jimbo Fisher’s Aggies are not able to find a way to win on Saturday, then that could indicate another year of disappointment for the maroon and white. 

No. 6 Oklahoma @ Nebraska

Sept. 17, 11:00 a.m. CT, FOX

Nebraska’s upset 45-42 loss to Georgia Southern at home led to head coach Scott Frost’s firing. With interim head coach Mickey Joseph now at the helm, the Cornhuskers have a tough game to play while dealing with a program transition. Oklahoma is currently the highest ranked Big 12 team after an easy 33-3 win over Kent State. To add more fuel to the fire, Nebraska starting quarterback Casey Thompson almost went to Oklahoma after transferring out of Texas. 

No. 12 BYU @ No. 25 Oregon

Sept. 17, 2:30 p.m. CT, FOX

BYU looks to be one of the strongest independent teams so far. The trip up to Eugene will be the Cougars’ first true road test of the season. In last week’s 26-20 overtime win over Baylor, BYU had an extra push thanks to a rowdy student section. The Cougars will be tested as they get thrown into the fire at Autzen Stadium. For Oregon, Saturday’s game is a chance to prove that it can keep up with the top teams after a demoralizing 49-3 loss to then-No. 2 Georgia back on Sept. 3. 

Texas Tech @  No. 16 NC State

Sept. 17, 6:00 p.m. CT, ESPN2

Texas Tech is on the rise after scraping together a 33-30 overtime win over then-No. 25 Houston last week. The Lubbock team will force NC State to fight for its No. 16 ranking. NC State opened its season with a tight 21-20 win over ECU after going scoreless in the entire second half. The Red Raiders are looking to get a signature win before conference play starts, and this matchup might be just t