Games to Watch – Week 10

Christina Huang, Double Coverage Editor

No. 1 Tennessee @ No. 3 Georgia

2:30 p.m. CT, CBS

While both teams are projected College Football Playoff contenders, this Saturday is another chance for Tennessee quarterback Hendon Hooker to make his case for the Heisman. The Vols look stronger than ever under Hooker, and playing in such a contentious environment like Athens will give them exactly what they need to continue their playoff push. While Georgia still looks good, it’s clear that the departure of defensive stars like Jordan Davis have made the Bulldogs a little more vulnerable compared to their national-title winning season last year. 

No. 6 Alabama @ No. 10 LSU

6:00 p.m. CT, ESPN

This Saturday is the perfect opportunity for Alabama to get another ranked win. In the season’s first College Football Playoff rankings, the Tide came in right at No. 6. Alabama only has one ranked road win this season, so beating LSU could be a major factor in its next playoff ranking. Meanwhile, Brian Kelly and his team are riding the victory they had over No. 11 Ole Miss last weekend. LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels looks to be in good shape to take on the notoriously tough Alabama defense. 

No. 4 Clemson @ Notre Dame

6:30 p.m. CT, NBC

Clemson has a chance to solidify that it belongs in the fourth spot of the College Football Playoff this weekend. While Notre Dame isn’t looking as good as it did last year, Notre Dame Stadium is still a difficult environment to play in. The Fighting Irish won’t go down easy after dominating No. 22 Syracuse 41-24 in New York.

No. 21 Wake Forest @ No. 22 NC State

7:00 p.m. CT, ACC Network 

Wake Forest is looking for redemption after suffering a humiliating loss to Louisville last weekend. The Demon Deacons lost 48-21, after allowing the Cardinals to score 35 unanswered points in the third quarter. NC State could be in trouble, since starting quarterback Devin Leary announced in mid-October that he would miss the rest of the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. Without Leary, NC State barely survived Virginia Tech in a 22-21 win last Thursday.