Texas volleyball receives three highly-ranked recruits from class of 2025

Andrew Zamora

With Texas volleyball claiming their 2022 National Championship title last fall, all eyes are on the newcomers as big-name veterans like Logan Eggleston graduated after the victorious season. 

While Texas added new names to the roster in the spring due to its inaugural sand volleyball season, it also recently added three commits to the future indoor volleyball roster.

Callie Krueger, Abby Vander Wal and Addison Gaido from the high school class of 2025 all committed to Texas over the summer. 

Coming from Cedar Park, Texas, and a Cedar Park High School attendee, Krueger won’t travel far to the Forty Acres. She recently finished her sophomore season with 1.1 assists per set, 48 serving aces and 474 digs out of 129 sets played. She is currently ranked the No. 1 libero for the class of 2025 and 18th overall by Prepdig. In addition to dominating the volleyball court, Krueger also plays varsity soccer. 

Vander Wal currently attends Timothy Christian High School in Illinois. In her last season, she totaled 31 blocks, 52 serving aces, 272 digs and 440 kills. She’s currently ranked 70th in the nation for her .441 hitting percentage and top five in the country by Prep Volleyball and third by Prepdig for the class of 2025 player rankings.

Gaido attends high school in Georgetown, Texas. In her most recent season, she ranked 87th in the nation for her .324 hitting percentage and had 427 kills, 68 blocks and 15 aces out of 124 sets played. Gaido is currently ranked the number two opposite and 33rd overall for the class of 2025.

In June, each commit posted a picture on their social media with a Texas shirt, a “Hook’ Em” gesture and a brief statement about their future as a Texas volleyball player.

“I am so grateful for the opportunity to play volleyball at the University of Texas. Huge thank you to Coach Jerritt, Coach Erik, Coach David, and Coach CJ. Special thank you to my Skyline and Georgetown family for shaping me into the player and person I am today! Hook ‘em,” Gaido said in her June 29 tweet, which Texas volleyball later retweeted. 

With these three athletes still two years away from coming to Austin, fans will be eager to see if they keep their current status and success.