Games to Watch: TCU

Assad Malik/The Daily Texan
Coach Steve Sarkisian watches unranked Texas host No. 1 Alabama.

No. 3 Michigan at No. 10 Penn State

Nov. 11, 11:00 a.m. CT, FOX

Even with all of the off-field distractions, Michigan is chugging along as they set their focus on a third-straight Big Ten Championship and College Football Playoff appearance. The Wolverines head to Happy Valley in what will be their most difficult game of the season thus far. They will face a Penn State team looking to prove itself on the big stage after a disappointing performance at No. 1 Ohio State a few weeks ago. The key to this game will be Michigan’s rushing attack, led by Blake Corum and Donovan Edwards, against the Nittany Lions’ top-ranked rush defense in the country. Expect a classic low-scoring Big Ten slugfest in this one.

No. 9 Ole Miss at No. 2 Georgia

Nov. 11, 6:00 p.m. CT, ESPN

Can Lane Kiffin and company do the unthinkable and end Georgia’s 26-game winning streak? The Rebels have found their stride as running back Quinshon Judkins has played on a completely different level, racking up 793 rushing yards to go along with 12 touchdowns. On the other hand, Georgia has started to look like the team college football fans have grown accustomed to seeing over the last two years. The Bulldogs have only allowed 15.4 points per game to opponents, good enough to be sixth in the nation. They will have to continue to rely on their stifling defense as the offense finds its footing after losing star tight end Brock Bowers to an ankle injury. 

No. 18 Utah at No. 5 Washington

Nov. 11, 2:30 p.m. CT, FOX 

Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr. has his undefeated team rolling. The Heisman Trophy hopeful has thrown for 3,201 passing yards and 26 touchdowns with just seven interceptions as the Huskies are fighting to get back into the College Football Playoff for the first time since 2016. Utah, as it has done numerous times in the past under Kyle Whittingham, will attempt to play the spoiler as they fight for a Pac-12 Championship game appearance. Backup quarterback Bryson Barnes has been satisfactory under center after Cameron Rising was unable to play this season. The matchup to watch in this game will be Washington’s offense, ranked fourth in total offense, against Utah’s defense, which ranks ninth in total defense.  

USC at No. 6 Oregon

Nov. 11, 9:30 p.m. CT, FOX

Yes, USC has lost three out of their last four games. However, head coach Lincoln Riley said goodbye to defensive coordinator Alex Grinch this past week, who led one of the statistically worst units in the country. The Trojans do have last year’s Heisman winner in Caleb Williams, who can put a team in a position to win any game. With that being said, Oregon looks like one of the most complete teams in all of the FBS. Bo Nix is generating Heisman buzz as he leads the No. 1 ranked scoring offense in the country. This game might not be nailbiter, but expect a ton of points on the scoreboard from both sides.