UT Scholarships with spring 2024 application deadlines

Carly Ramos

For many students, finding scholarships proves to be a daunting task. Most scholarships include strict requirements that narrow an ever-growing pool of applicants. Luckily, the UT community provides countless scholarships, many of which close in the coming months. To help students anticipate impending deadlines, The Daily Texan compiled a list of scholarships to consider. 

Moody College Scholarships – February 29 Deadline

Scholarships with Moody College are intended for students enrolled in full-time course loads of 12 hours or more. Additionally, department-based scholarships are offered to students in specific majors and programs of study. Application components include providing a statement of purpose, a list of activity involvement and answers to five scholarship-related questions for consideration. 

Texas Exes Chapter Scholarships – March 1 Deadline

The Texas Exes’ provide scholarships for continuing and transfer students. Students will submit their applications through the Texas Exes application portal and will be considered for all the scholarships they qualify for. According to the foundation, for the 2021–22 academic year, more than $531,950 in chapter scholarship funds was awarded to 306 UT students. 

Texas Exes Network Scholarships – March 1 Deadline

The Texas Exes also provide scholarships based on common interests and alumni backgrounds. Similar to the chapter scholarships, students may submit their applications through the Texas Exes application portal to be considered for all the scholarships they qualify for. Alumni networks including the Black Alumni Network, Camp Texas Alumni Network and the Hispanic Alumni Network offer these scholarships. 

Army ROTC Program Scholarships –  March 11 Deadline

The Army ROTC scholarship requires a minimum 2.5 GPA, and the applicant must agree to join the Army, Army National Guard or US Army Reserves for eight years, depending on the branch. Additionally, the applicant must meet medical and physical fitness standards. 

UT Scholarship Application for Continuing & Transfer Students – March 15 Deadline

To qualify for this scholarship, students must be enrolled full time at the University or accepted into a transfer program with UT. Students must also meet Satisfactory Academic Progress, which requires a cumulative University GPA of 2.0, successful completion of at least 67% of credit hours attempted and the attempt of no more than 150% of credit hours required for their respective degree programs. 

More Scholarships

Additionally, UT has a scholarship database called the Longhorn Awards Student Scholarships and Opportunities (LASSO) that provides information for all UT affiliated scholarships. More information can be found about the University scholarships offered through this service.