Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth officially breakup

AddThis

In this June 27, 2012 file photo, actor Liam Hemsworth, left, an honoree at the Australians in Film 8th Annual Breakthrough Awards, poses with his fianceMiley Cyrus on the red carpet in Los Angeles. Representatives for both celebrities confirmed they have called off their engagement. They met on the set of 2010’s “The Last Song.”

It looks like someone took a wrecking ball to Miley Cyrus’ love life.

This week sources confirmed that the “Bangerz” singer and her Australian fiancé called off their engagement. This news comes on the heels of a widely publicized and rocky romance. In the past few months Miley has been seen without her 3.5 custom Neil Lane engagement ring. Miley and Liam have not been publically photographed together since August when the duo attended Hemsworth’s premiere of his film “Paranoia”. Amid reports that Liam was having a relationship with actress and friend January Jones, Miley unfollowed her “The Last Song” costar on Twitter last week. 

One day after their split Liam was photographed kissing Eiza González, a singer and actress, which leads many to blame the actor for the end of their relationship. Sources tell E! News that the breakup was “Miley’s decision, after coming to grips with Liam being what she believed was less than faithful to her.”

Since their breakup, Hemsworth has moved out of Cyrus’ Los Angeles home, where the two have lived since 2012. They became engaged in 2012, when the former Disney star was 19-years-old.

So what’s next for the estranged pair? 

It looks like both Miley and Liam will keep busy with work. Miley is promoting an exclusive documentary, “Miley: The Movement”, premiering on MTV October 2, and her new album “Bangerz” which drops later in the week on October 8. In the meantime Hemsworth is busy promoting “The Hunger Games” sequel “Catching Fire” in theaters November 21.