Update: All classes canceled until 11 a.m. because of “winter weather”

Updated (9:44 p.m.): University incident meteorologist Troy Kimmel said freezing rain and sleet is expected overnight and early Tuesday morning. Icy roads are also a possibility, Kimmel said. 

“It’s hard to tell at this point, the roads are pretty warm tonight across the area so we’re just going to have to watch,” Kimmel said. “I think there’s [a] prospect for freezing rain and sleet, but we really won’t know, in my opinion, until after midnight.”

According to Kimmel, temperatures are predicted to rise above freezing by Tuesday afternoon.

“Probably tomorrow afternoon it’ll be close to 40 degrees, depending on what happens tomorrow morning,” Kimmel said. “That will have a lot to do with it, but at this point, we think it will warm up to around 40 in the afternoon.”

Updated (8:50 p.m.): The University will have an 11 a.m. delayed opening Tuesday, after closing 10 p.m. Monday night, because of possible "winter weather." 

This is the sixth weather-related class change in the semester, as the University canceled classes on Jan. 24, Jan. 28, Feb. 6, Feb. 7, and Feb. 11.

Original story: Monday afternoon, University administrators announced the campus would close at 10 p.m. Monday night as a result of "the possibility of winter weather."

The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning from 8 p.m. Monday until noon Tuesday and warned of ice accumulations up to a tenth of an inch. Administrators did not announce any delayed openings for Tuesday, but an email sent to students said the University would continue to monitor weather overnight.