Games to Watch

No. 6 South Carolina vs. No. 4 LSU

After several less-than-inspiring performances against far superior teams, LSU could not overcome its offensive liabilities against Florida. The Tigers, who remain one of the nation’s top defensive units, seemed overmatched by the Gators on offense, scoring just six points. South Carolina on the other hand proved just how tough it can be on both sides of the ball, scoring 35 points against the much renowned Georgia defense while holding the Bulldogs to just seven points. The Gamecocks will look to build on their statement win this Saturday, while LSU will aim to get back on track. These factors make this perhaps the most intriguing game of the week.

Game at 7:00 CT on ESPN

No. 18 Stanford at No. 9 Notre Dame

The Fighting Irish have surprised many with their 5-0 start and have been beating opponents with the nation’s second-strongest defense. Limiting opponents to just 7.8 points per contest, Notre Dame is yet to allow more than 17 points in a game. Offensively, the Irish have done just enough behind quarterback Everett Golson and a balanced running attack. Stanford also has a strong defense and has surprised some on offense behind quarterback Josh Nunes, but its loss to Washington two weeks ago dropped the Cardinals in the rankings. The Cardinals could present Notre Dame with its biggest threat of the season to date.

Game at 2:30 CT on NBC

No. 15 TCU at Baylor

The Horned Frogs took a big hit after suspending quarterback Casey Pachall following a DWI arrest last week and they struggled in their first game without him, a 37-23 loss against Iowa State. The foundation of this TCU team however is its defense, which only allows 13.2 points per game. Baylor is quite the opposite, as the Bears are 3-1 thanks to a strong offense despite a vulnerable defense. Quarterback Nick Florence has been impressive through four games, throwing for 1,585 yards and 16 touchdowns. TCU will be the Bears’ toughest defensive test of the year so far and the Horned Frogs, too, are hopeful to get back into the win column against a Big 12 opponent.

Game at 6:00 ET on Fox Sports Net

No. 7 Kansas State vs. Iowa State

Kansas State might not receive all of the hype that many of the nation’s top teams do, but make no mistake, the Wildcats are one of college football’s best teams. Quarterback Collin Klein has been as dangerous on the ground as he has been through the air, rushing for seven touchdowns and throwing for seven more scores. The Wildcats have been strong on defense, too, as they have yet to allow an opponent to score more than 21 points. The Wildcats have quickly become one of the favorites to win the Big 12, but facing an Iowa State team that is coming off a significant victory will be no easy task for Kansas State.

Game at 11:00 CT on FX