TAMU wide receiver Thomas Linze Johnson missing since Monday

Police are continuing to search for a freshman wide receiver for Texas A&M University who has been missing since Monday evening.

Thomas Linze Johnson, 18, was last seen leaving his residence in College Station at 5 p.m. Monday, according to a press release distributed by the A&M Police Department on Wednesday. Johnson grew up and attended high school in Dallas, where he still has family and friends, and police say he may have traveled to the Dallas area.

Johnson originally committed to play at UT but decommitted before signing with A&M. During his first season on the Aggies’ football team, he has 339 yards receiving and one touchdown.

A&M head football coach Kevin Sumlin released the following statement Tuesday:

“All of us are obviously very concerned about the safety and well-being of Thomas Johnson, who has been missing since Monday evening,” Sumlin said. “Authorities are working closely with his family, friends and law enforcement agencies to help locate him. Thomas is a tremendous student-athlete, greatly admired by his fellow teammates and all of us on the coaching staff. If anyone has any current information about him or knows of his whereabouts, please contact his family or law enforcement authorities immediately. We pray for his quick and safe return.”

A&M police are asking anyone with information about Johnson’s location to contact them at 979-845-2345.