How to do SXSW for free: Saturday

DoubleTruckPhoto3

Dawes (Photo courtesy of Big Hassle Publicity).

1. Waterloo Records SXSW 2013 Day Party at Waterloo Records parking lot, 12 p.m.–6 p.m.

For Waterloo’s final day party, rock band The Zombies are stopping by the parking lot to entertain SXSW crowds. Other bands playing include Ra Ra Riot and Dawes.

2. Ground Control Touring SXSW Day Party at Beerland, 12:30 p.m.-5:15 p.m.

The line outside Beerland will be long, but it’s definitely worth the wait to get a spot in time to catch the lineup. We recommend stopping by to see a set by rock band Spider Bags.

3. March Into Softness at The Mohawk, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.

The A.V. Club and Flowerbooking managed to snag Frightened Rabbit one more time before the band heads out of Austin, as well as Baths and local band Balmorhea. If you’ve managed to miss Frightened Rabbit all week, this is a great chance to catch them.

4. South By San Jose 2013 at the parking lot between Hotel San Jose and Jo’s Coffee, 12 p.m.-8 p.m.

Jo’s Coffee and Hotel San Jose are putting on four days of SXSW day parties, but Saturday’s lineup is the only one that’s worthwhile, mostly because Dawes is closing out the set. You can afford to avoid the parking lot between Hotel San Jose and Jo’s Coffee until Saturday night.

5. Do512 and Shiner Present The Big One 2013 at 1100 Warehouse, 11 a.m.

It wouldn’t be SXSW without an appearance from The Polyphonic Spree. The Dallas-based army of musicians always manages to entertain and if you’re over 21 and remember to RSVP you should put seeing this band at the top of your priority list.