Arizona State gets shot at another upset with trip to Stanford

No. 23 Arizona St vs. No. 5 Stanford

This Pac-12 matchup has game-changing potential for each team. Arizona State is a stranger to the AP Top 25, gaining their first time being ranked this year, after beating Wisconsin last week. However, if they manage to pull off another upset, the Sun Devils will skyrocket in the rankings and likely knock Stanford out of national title contention. Taking down Stanford’s powerful offense that has scored 34 points in each of its first two matchups will be one of Arizona State’s biggest tasks this season. The Stanford offense, lead by junior quarterback Kevin Hogan, can quickly send the Wildcats back out of national recognition.

Michigan St. vs. No. 22 Notre Dame

This game could be a close one. Last week the Fighting Irish initially had a tough time against Purdue, a team that should have been an easy win on the Notre Dame schedule, before finally setting them in their place. On the other hand, last week the Michigan State offense really began to click. Wide receivers were making successful completions and the Spartans may have found a quarterback in Connor Cook. Not to mention, Michigan State holds the title of best defense in the nation with just 177 yards allowed per game, while Notre Dame’s defense has proved to be an issue. Look for wide receivers DaVaris Daniels and TJ Jones to attempt to head the front against the intimidating Spartans defense.

Tennessee vs. No. 19 Florida

Tennessee is nowhere near their past standard of play, in part because head coach Butch Jones hasn’t been able to find a reliable quarterback able to produce solid plays. Justin Worley, the Volunteers’ current starting quarterback, just hasn’t been aggressive enough in an offense that needs a constant playmaker. Worley will likely be replaced in the game against Florida. “Whatever quarterback has the best week of practice is going to be the starter for Tennessee when we play Florida,” Jones said. “If that means a freshman quarterback, that means a freshman quarterback.” Although Florida may not be the best game to experiment with quarterbacks, it will be interesting to see who comes onto the field and how he performs against the Gators that see this game as a must-win because of the damage a loss would do to their ranking.

Auburn vs. No. 6 LSU

Over their short three-game season, LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger has transformed from questionable to vital. He has far surpassed expectations by completing 65.2 percent of his passes for 797 yards, scoring nine touchdowns and, most notably, throwing no interceptions. Although slightly less impressive, Auburn’s undefeated start has been one of the wonders of the season. However, one of the Tigers teams is going to have to walk away with their first loss. As of now, it’s looking like it’s going to be the Auburn Tigers. If cornerback Chris Davis, Auburn’s No. 1 corner, remains out with a foot injury, LSU’s receivers will run right over Auburn straight into the end zone.