Matchups: vs. Baylor

• Quarterback
  • Advantage: Tie

Freshman Shane Buechele was one of the few bright spots for the Longhorns in last week’s game against Kansas State. Buechele completed 17 of 24 passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns.

Senior Seth Russell has struggled with his accuracy this season, completing only 57.1 percent of his throws. Russell has compensated by rushing for 302 yards and five touchdowns.

• Running Back
  • Advantage: Tie

Junior D’Onta Foreman had his eighth consecutive game of at least 100 yards rushing last week, the longest active streak in the nation. Foreman continues to shine in this Texas offense.

The Bears have a very balanced rushing attack, led by senior Shock Linwood and sophomore Terence Williams. Baylor is averaging 282.8 rushing yards per game, which leads the Big 12.

• Wide Receiver
  • Advantage: Tie

Freshman Devin Duvernay, a former Baylor commit, has quickly turned into arguably Texas’ biggest threat on the perimeter. The speedster dashed for an 80-yard touchdown last week and has a touchdown in each of his last three outings.

Junior KD Cannon is one of the most dangerous receivers in the Big 12. Cannon has 30 receptions for 445 yards and five touchdowns this season.

• Offensive Line
  • Advantage: Tie

The Texas offensive line has been very impressive up front this season, guiding the Longhorns to the second-best rush offense in the Big 12. Texas had success running the ball last week against a stifling Wildcat rush defense.

Baylor lost four starters from last year’s offensive line, but that hasn’t stopped the Bears. Baylor leads the Big 12 in rushing and has only just four sacks all season.

• Defensive Line
  • Advantage: Baylor

Baylor’s front beat up Kansas last week, holding the Jayhawks to just 83 rushing yards on 48 carries. The Bears face their toughest challenge yet against the Texas offensive line on Saturday.

Texas struggled mightily against Kansas State to stop the run, giving up 234 yards to the Wildcats. The Longhorns were pushed around up front and couldn’t contain Kansas State quarterback Jesse Ertz.

• Linebacker
  • Advantage: Baylor

Junior Taylor Young and senior Aiavion Edwards lead the Bears at linebacker. The two rank fifth and sixth in the Big 12 in tackles. Senior Patrick Levels has also forced three fumbles.

Sophomore Edwin Freeman provided a spark on defense against Kansas State, finishing with five tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery. Texas has also had steady play from sophomore Anthony Wheeler, who ranks ninth in the Big 12 in tackles.

• Defensive Back
  • Advantage: Baylor

Senior Orion Stewart has four interceptions on the season, which leads the Big 12. Baylor also leads the Big 12 in pass defense, allowing only 160.8 yards per game through the air.

The Texas secondary, particularly sophomore cornerback John Bonney, had problems last week against a weak passing team in Kansas State. There are still many red flags with the consistency of this unit.

• Special Teams
  • Advantage: Tie

Senior Trent Domingue missed another field goal last week, giving him his fourth miss of the season. Texas continues to be mediocre in its return game as well.

Like Texas, Baylor hasn’t done anything on special teams that jumps out. The Bears rank last in the Big 12 in kickoff return average and have only converted six of 11 field goals.