Big 12 Power Rankings: Week 11

1. Oklahoma (8-2, 7-0)

The Sooners continue to ride their explosive offense through conference play, breezing past Baylor in a 45-24 victory.

Don’t look now, but after a chaotic week in college football, the Sooners may be on the cusp of playoff contention. Bob Stoops’ squad will have two more chances to bolster its resume, with games against No. 14 West Virginia and No. 11 Oklahoma State to close out its season.

2. West Virginia (8-1, 5-1)

The Mountaineers defense bent but didn’t break in their 24-20 victory over Texas. The unit gave up over 500 yards, including 167 to running back D’Onta Foreman, but forced three crucial turnovers. A huge matchup with Oklahoma looms this weekend for West Virginia.

3. Oklahoma State (8-2, 6-1)

The Cowboys escaped with a 45-44 victory after Saturday’s matchup with Texas Tech. The Red Raiders missed an extra point after a potential game-tying touchdown with 1:44 left in regulation, and Oklahoma State was able to run out the clock with the help of running back Chris Carson.

4. TCU (5-4, 3-3)

The Horned Frogs are coming off a bye, and will face Oklahoma State this weekend. TCU put forth its best effort of the season a week ago against Baylor, and will look to carry that momentum back to Fort Worth.

5. Kansas State (5-4, 3-3)

Even though the Wildcats still have the top ranked defense in the conference, the unit has struggled as of late. The defense gave up nearly 500 yards to a struggling Iowa State team two weeks ago, and was absolutely shredded by Oklahoma State last week. Kansas State had a bye to fix its issues, and will take on TCU this weekend.

6. Texas (5-5, 3-4)

Freshman quarterback Shane Buechele couldn’t lead a game-winning drive for the Longhorns, and the team lost a close one to West Virginia. The Longhorns likely become bowl eligible this weekend when they play Kansas, who remains winless in Big 12 play.

7. Texas Tech (4-6, 2-5)

The Red Raiders have to be tired of losing so many close games. Of their five conference losses, four have come by one score. In Texas Tech’s latest defeat, kicker Clayton Hatfield was unable to convert an extra point that would have tied the game late.

8. Baylor (6-3, 3-3)

The Bears are now in free fall. After starting the year 6-0, Baylor has lost its last three games and has been outscored 142-80. With quarterback Seth Russell out for the year, the Bears have their work cut out for them.

9. Iowa State (2-8, 1-6)

The Cyclones came out victorious in the battle for the right to leave the Big 12’s basement. Iowa State beat Kansas 31-24, rallying from an early 14-3 deficit.

10. Kansas (1-9, 0-7)

The Jayhawks failed to capitalize on their best chance to claim a conference win. Kansas outplayed the Cyclones until the fourth quarter, when its offense fell apart and managed only 52 yards.