Fall essentials to grab during your next Trader Joe’s trip

Breyona Mitchell

With a wide variety of unique products offered at a low price, Trader Joe’s proves a convenient grocer for any student. Their limited edition fall line proves no exception; however, with 146 items to choose from, picking which treats to try might seem difficult. The Daily Texan curated a list of Trader Joe’s autumnal essentials Longhorns should add to their carts the next time they go grocery shopping.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Croissants

While technically a danish, these frozen croissants pull out all the stops. The warm, buttery, flaky exterior complements the creamy, pumpkin cheesecake-inspired filling, making these the perfect fall breakfast.

Gluten Free Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

Unbelievably moist and deliciously decadent, add Trader Joe’s gluten-free muffins to the list of autumn staples. Their newest edition, pumpkin streusel, continues the precedent of soft muffins with key ingredients, such as cream and buttermilk, allowing consumers to enjoy gluten-free pastries without sacrificing texture. With warm notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, balanced by sweet elements of brown sugar and pumpkin puree, these muffins make tasty fall treats.

Pumpkin Brioche Twist

This autumnal bread maintains all the tasty aspects of brioche bread — light, soft, slightly crumbly — and still incorporates pure pumpkin in every bite. While delightful on its own, this brioche makes for the perfect toast with a smear of butter or a delicious vessel for French toast,  enhancing its fall aroma and flavor.

Fall Harvest Salsa

This seasonal product throws out traditional conceptions of salsa and instead opts for warm, earthy elements, creating a spicy and sweet flavor profile. The salsa’s fire-roasted tomatillos, honey-roasted pumpkin chunks, chopped butternut squash and diced sweet apples make for a New English approach to a classic dish that embraces the essence of autumn.

Mini Maple Flavored Marshmallows

Although delectable on their own, these flavorful morsels prove great additions to larger dishes. While miniature in size, the marshmallows pack a punch with maple and caramel notes, making for the perfect addition to hot chocolate, coffee or sweet potato casserole. Trader Joe’s suggests customers combine other limited-edition maple products, such as maple ice cream and maple fudge, to make a decadent fall sundae.

Spatchcocked Sweet & Savory Chicken

This prepped and marinated chicken makes cooking this fall a lot easier. The marinade consists of maple syrup and Dijon mustard, a combination that creates the ultimate fall flavor profile, especially when caramelized to perfection. From serving as the main course to adding protein to salads or sandwiches, this chicken makes for a must-grab this fall.