Austin coffee shops to check out based on your favorite 1989 (Taylor’s Version) vault track

Kenzie Azbill

Pushing through midterm season and the busiest part of the semester ahead of finals, many Longhorns turn to caffeine, an energizing playlist and a fresh study spot. Following Taylor Swift’s chart-topping release, The Daily Texan scouted local coffee shops to check out based on students’ favorite vault tracks from 1989 (Taylor’s Version).

“‘Slut!’” – OPA!

2050 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX

A quaint establishment in South Austin, OPA! Coffee & Wine Bar, featuring comfy couches and Greek cuisine, proves perfect for listeners of the mellow love song. Occasionally hosting live music or open mic nights, the gallery art covering the walls and mood lighting produces an aesthetic atmosphere for people watching or locking into a book.

“Say Don’t Go” – Mozart’s

3825 Lake Austin Blvd., Austin, TX

With a canopy of trees and a scenic patio overlooking Lake Austin, Mozart’s Coffee Roasters located in the Oyster Landing Marina, captures the vibe of 1989’s second vault track, “Say Don’t Go.” Masquerading as upbeat pop, the love song’s heartbreaking lyrics prove deep and gushy inside — much like the coffee shop’s array of featured cakes and desserts.

“Now That We Don’t Talk” – Revival Coffee

1405 E. Seventh St., Austin, TX

The most springy and upbeat track in the vault, “Now That We Don’t Talk” compliments the pinked-out makeover of Revival Coffee in East Austin. A project of Austin restaurateur Gabriela Bucio (and locally owned under the same group as Austin favorites Gabriela’s and Taquero Mucho), Revival serves as a bright study spot alternative to the library, offering house specials like “El Último Latte del Mundo” and themed cocktails.

“Suburban Legends” – Jo’s Coffee

1000 E. 41st St., Austin, TX

Jo’s Hot Coffee Good Food, rated one of the best coffees in Austin, also earns the title of “legend” from locals. Home to the iconic “I love you so much” mural, the bright green building serving hot coffee and pastries 12 hours a day echoes the sweet love letter of Swift’s “Suburban Legends” through its warm hospitality and hearty eats.

“Is It Over Now?” – Epoch Coffee

221 W. North Loop Blvd., Austin, TX

At the 24-hour North Loop location, Epoch Coffee is never over. Featuring different exhibits by young local artists at each location, the cozy rustic coffee shop frequented by busy students and coffee lovers alike perfectly pairs with one of 1989’s most lyrically compelling vault tracks. The classic study spot serves sandwiches, tea and Aeropress coffee sourced from around the world.