SXSW events to help you relax over Spring Break

While it’s exciting to go from event to event throughout the week at South by Southwest, spring break is a dedicated time for students to relax. The Daily Texan put together a list of relaxing events hosted by SXSW throughout the week for any festival-goers to get the chance to unwind while attending. 

Yoga in Formation: Army-Inspired Mind and Body Balance

The U.S. Army will host free yoga for people of all skill levels, giving attendees a chance to try new formations, stretch and relax. The event will be presented from Thursday to Monday from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at Brush Square. Attendees with a Music Badge, Platinum Badge, Interactive Badge and Film & TV Badge will have primary access to the event. 

Audible Sound Experience @ SXSW 2024

Amazon’s audiobook and podcast company Audible will host a carnival at 220 Congress Ave. On Friday and Sunday, an Audible Ferris wheel, carnival games, prizes and curated Audible listens will be available from 12 to 5 p.m. and 8 to 10 p.m., along with a performance and refreshments. On Saturday, the carnival will run from 1 to 8 p.m. without the performance and refreshments. Attendees with a Music Badge, Platinum Badge, Interactive Badge and Film & TV Badge will have primary access to the event. 

The Seduction Of The Honeybee: A Gallery Exhibition & Craft Cocktail Experience

Mānuka Health will present a gallery exhibition of flower photographs in ultraviolet light, as honeybees see them, taken by National Geographic photographer Craig P. Burrows. Honey cocktails and take-home complimentary honeybee-related wellness products will be available during the exhibition, which will be held in Banger’s Basement from 1 to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Attendees with a Music Badge, Platinum Badge, Interactive Badge and Film & TV Badge will have primary access to the event. 

‘Where Should We Begin?’ Live with Esther Perel Featuring Trevor Noah

The weekly storytelling podcast “Where Should We Begin?” will be recorded live from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday by psychotherapist Esther Perel. Former “The Daily Show” host, Trevor Noah, will guest-star in the podcast. The event will be hosted in Salon 5 of the 2nd Street JW Marriott hotel, and to attend, badge holders must pick up a wristband from Exhibit Hall 1 of the Austin Convention Center starting at 8 p.m. on Thursday. The event will be interpreted in ASL. 

Laughing Together: Mental Health & Comedy

Mental health advocate Marlon Morgan and comedian Chris Gethard will guide an improvisational theater workshop on Tuesday from 2:30 to 4 p.m. as an outlet for people to laugh and relax. The event aims to help attendees find a new way to use humor and collaboration to problem solve. It will be in Brazos II-III of the Courtyard Marriott, and badge-holders must RSVP ahead of time.