Katy Perry reinvented

AddThis

This CD cover image released by Capitol Records shows "Prism" by Katy Perry. (AP Photo/Capitol Records)

It looks like Katy Perry is ready to say so long to the whipped cream bras and cotton candy clouds that launched her into super stardom. 

The “Roar” singer, who is dating fellow musician John Mayer, debuted the cover art for her upcoming album PRISM during an appearance on Good Morning America on Sept. 6, and from the looks of it she is shedding her confectioner’s image for a more natural look.  

On the cover Perry is surrounded by flowers and a sky of pastel blues, yellows and pinks. She ditches the typical bright colored wigs and equally vibrant pop star outfits we have grown accustomed to. This natural side of Perry juxtaposes the loud jungle-themed music video she released for her first single off the album, “Roar” in which Perry plays a stranded jungle warrior who learns to live on her own as a champion. 

“The reason why I called this record PRISM is because I actually finally let the light in and then I was able to create all these songs that were inspired by letting the light in and doing some self-reflection and just kind of working on myself,” Perry said to MTV News.

Whether she is swinging in on a vine or going all natural, we have to admit we love seeing Perry transform herself. 

Check Katy Perry’s PRISM with this track listing.

1. “Roar”
2. “Legendary Lovers"
3. “Birthday”
4. “Walking On Air”
5. “Unconditionally”
6. “Dark Horse” featuring Juicy J
7. “This Is How We Do”
8. “International Smile”
9. “Ghost”
10. “Love Me”
11. “Double Rainbow”
12. “By the Grace of God”

PRISM is set to release on Oct. 22.