Men’s swimming and diving split weekend competitions

On an SEC road trip, top-ranked Texas followed up its first loss of the season against No. 3 Auburn on Friday by beating No. 11 Georgia one day later.

Although the Longhorns won seven events on Friday, Auburn was victorious with a final score of 125.5-117.5.

Sophomores Nick D’Innocenzo and Michael McBroom both had two wins. McBroom won the 1,000 freestyle, with senior Jim Robertson finishing second and freshman Matt Belecanech fourth.

Auburn took the lead after its one-two finish in the 400-yard medley relay. Texas had a strong team finish in the 200 freestyle with sophomore Dax Hill, senior Scott Jostes and junior Kyle McNeilis finishing first, second and third. After that, D’Innocenzo won the 200 individual medley with a time of 1:48.25.

As usual, junior diver Drew Livingston had a strong performance with a winning score of 393.68 points in the one-meter event. Freshman Will Chandler came in third. Livingston finished third in the three-meter diving event.

Caskey’s victory in the 200 butterfly gave Texas a short-lived 72-59 lead on the Tigers. Texas had a one-two-three finish in the 500 freestyle with McBroom, Robertson and McNeilis leading the pack and D’Innocenzo added to his win total with a top finish in the 200 breaststroke.

There was only one point separating the teams going into the final event of the day — the 400 freestyle relay. Longhorns Hill, Jostes, Miles Joye and Caskey came in second, sealing the Texas loss.

The next day, the Longhorns faced Georgia at the Gabrielsen Natatorium. Texas was victorious in nine of 13 events and won the meet with a final score of 135-106. Feign and D’Innocenzo both had two wins.