Men’s track and field heads out east to compete in the Armony Collegiate Invitational

The No. 11 Texas men’s track and field team is headed to New York to compete in the Armory Collegiate Invitational. The meet features tough competitors from top ranked schools including No. 1 Arkansas, No. 2 Florida and No. 3 Texas A&M, and will take place this Friday and Saturday.

The Longhorns hope to build upon their solid fifth-place finish at the Razorback Team Invitational this past week. 

Having earlier earned Big 12 Athlete of the Week honors and a first place finish at the Arkansas dual meet, senior Keiron Stewart is in particularly good form. He will compete in multiple events, including the 60-meter dash, 60-meter hurdles and 4×400-meter relay.

Senior Hayden Baillio, winner of the shot put in Arkansas, and junior Clint Harris, third in weight throw, will both participate in the shot put and the weight throw. Senior Jarard Bruner, who finished without points at the Arkansas meet, will be looking to improve in the triple jump after not jumping as well as expected.

A total of 14 athletes will represent the Longhorns at the event. Senior Joe Stilin, a Princeton transfer who broke a 6-year-old school record with a 3:58.66 mile last week, will not compete.