Valentines Day events to attend this weekend

0402_illo_LydiaThron423
Lydia Thron

Whether you are single or in a relationship, Austin has you covered this Valentine’s Day weekend. Below is a list of two Valentine’s Day-themed activities under $20 to check out each day this weekend. 

Friday, Feb. 12

Mortified Doomed Valentine’s Show
Where: Spider House Cafe & Ballroom, 2908 Fruth St. 
Time: 6:30 p.m. doors, shows at 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Admission: $12 advanced, $15 at the door

Mortified Live is a live show that features adults sharing their most embarrassing childhood artifacts, such as diaries, love letters, home videos or school assignments on stage. For Valentine’s Day weekend, Spider House will host two shows with Valentine-themed stories. Doors open one hour before each show, so arrive early to secure a front-row seat.

For more information, click here.

No One Gives A Shit About Valentine’s Day: ‘80s Punk Prom
Where: The Sidewinder, 715 Red River St.
Time: 7 p.m. doors 
Admission: $10 pre-sale, $15 at the door

Punk party band The Stummies will perform two sets Friday at 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. followed by sets from a DJ and local act, Jean Claude Van Jamme. Attendees are encouraged to dress up according to the ‘80s theme and compete for the prized title of Punk Prom King & Queen.     

For more information, click here

Saturday, Feb 13

The Dating Game featuring DJ Lambda and Richard. Gear, Lou Rebecca, The David Ruffins
Where: Swan Dive, 615 Red River St.
Time: 9 p.m. doors 
Admission: $5-$8

Eligible bachelors and bachelorettes are encouraged to fill out profiles and enter for a chance to participate in The Dating Game, held Saturday night at the Swan Dive. Austin-based musicians Lou Rebecca and The David Ruffins will perform. Buy your ticket online in advance for $5 or at the door for $7. 

For more information, click here.

Valentine’s Day Video Dance Party
Where: The Highball, 1120 S Lamar Blvd.
Time: 9 p.m.
Admission: Free

In honor of “Parks and Recreation” frontwoman Leslie Knope, The Highball is hosting a Galentine’s Day-themed video dance party with tunes from Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. If you’re a single lady, grab your best friend for a night of female pop artists, blow-up instruments, specialty cocktails and glow-in-the-dark jewelery. 

For more information, click here.

Sunday, Feb. 14

Blue Starlite Drive-In Valentine’s Screenings
Where: 1901 E. 51st St.
Time: 5:15 p.m. doors
Admission: $7 GA plus car slot 

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night the Blue Starlite Drive-In will project three romance movies onto their outdoor screen. The Valentine’s Day-themed weekend kicks Friday off with a showing of “The Princess Bride” at 6:45, followed by screenings of crowd favorites “The Notebook,” “When Harry Met Sally” and “Casablanca” to name a few. Make sure to pay and reserve a car slot online in advance and bring extra cash for hotdogs and s'mores.

For more information, click here.

Boy-lesque Galentine’s Day Show
Where: Spider House Cafe & Ballroom, 2098 Fruth St.
Time: 8 p.m.
Admission: $12 advance, $15 at the door

All-male burlesque revue, Boy-lesque will perform inside the Spider House Ballroom Sunday night in a special Galentine’s Day show. Attendees can upgrade their experience to include a full-course pre-event dinner for $30 including Caesar salad, lasagna (meat or vegetarian), garlic bread, a glass of La Marca sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries.

For more information, click here.