Live Blog: SXSW 2017 | Friday, March 17

2017-03-13_SXSW_Day4_Zoe
Zoe Fu

Update (12 a.m.): Debuting songs from their new LP Feels Like Summer, Weezer performed at Brazos Hall to a packed crowd.

Update (11 a.m.): If even Pharrell Williams was brought to tears by Maggie Rogers’ music, there was little hope that the SXSW-goers would be able to resist doing the same. During her performance of Alaska at St. Davids Episcopal Church on Friday night, there was hardly a dry eye at the venue.

Update (2 p.m.): Country singer/songwriter Garth Brooks and Amazon’s VP of Digital Music, Steve Boom, discussed the future of music consumption which answered questions about why country fans are a desirable focus group for streaming services and why they took so long to hop on the band wagon of these digital mediums.

Update (12:30 p.m.): Sitting down with a small audience a day before her annual Feedback SXSW party, Rachael Ray discussed how her love for food and music combine into one yearly event. Detailing her upbringing and passion for record collecting, Ray then took questions from the audience, ranging from food advice to how she curates her party’s lineup

Original Post: South by Southwest is a week old, but there is still plenty going on. Follow our live blog for updates throughout the day and final weekend. Today features Garth Brooks and Amazon’s Vice President of Worldwide Digital music Steve Boom discussing the feature of digital music consumption.