What’s open on campus during extended spring break?

PCL_0213_MelWestfall_PCL
Mel Westfall

Editor’s note: This story is part of The Daily Texan’s coverage of how coronavirus concerns are affecting UT-Austin. Read the rest of our coverage here.

Note: These times are subject to change as University Housing Services and Dining Services continue to adjust to the changing situation on campus. 

Dining 

J2 Dining will be open with modified times from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m to 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday for the first week of spring break and the same times the week after except for Sunday, when it will be open 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m to 9 p.m.

Jester City Limits will be closed for both weeks of spring break.

Jesta' Pizza will be closed for the first week of spring break. It will reopen Sunday, March 22, from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. and run normal hours from 11 a.m to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, and 5 p.m to 1 a.m. Sunday.

Jester Java will be closed for the first week of spring break. It will reopen Sunday, March 22, from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and have modified hours from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday and 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.

Jester City Market will be closed for the first week of spring break. It will reopen Monday, March 23, with modified hours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 3 p.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday.

The Wendy’s in Jester Center will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday for spring break. It will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.

Kinsolving Dining will be closed during spring break except for Sundays from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Until March 27, students will be able to use their meal plan at the Littlefield Patio Cafe, which will be open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday the first week of spring break and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday the second week.

Kin’s Market will be closed for the first week of spring break. It will reopen with modified times starting Monday, March 23, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 4 p.m. to 11 p.m Sunday.

Kins Coffee will be closed for both weeks of spring break.

Cypress Bend will be closed for both weeks of spring break.

Java City at the Perry-Castañeda Library will be closed until Monday, March 30.

Gyms 

Gregory Gym and all RecSports facilities will be closed until further notice, according to the UT RecSports website.

Counseling and Mental Health Center

According to its website, the CMHC will not be providing in-person crisis services during the break. Students are encouraged to call the CMHC 24/7 Crisis Line at 512-471-2255. 

Libraries

The Perry-Castañeda Library will be closed Saturday, March 14, and Sunday, March 15. It will reopen to UT students and staff the following Monday through Friday with modified hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the first week of spring break. The following week, it will be open Sunday, March 22, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

All other UT libraries will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during spring break except for the Classics and Chemistry libraries, which will be closed.