Editor’s Note: The Daily Texan will pause print production in light of COVID-19

0611_DianeSun_News
Diane Sun

There are a number of unprecedented events happening on UT’s campus and around the world as we all work together to stop the spread of COVID-19. As a result, The Daily Texan regrets to inform you that we will no longer be printing for the time being.

Our decision was made with the health and safety of our staff and campus community in mind. We will return to our normal production schedule once campus has reopened and students are allowed to return. Since 1900, we have served this community by sharing vital information and stories. That goal will always be central to our operations and mission.

Now more than ever, our staff remains committed to keeping this campus community informed. Accurate, dependable news has become even more important in this time of uncertainty and rapid change. Every day, our staff will continue to bring you new updates and stories, which can be found on our online platforms and website.

We have a centralized COVID-19 update page where all major updates and news can be found together. The website homepage and every COVID-19 story has a callout form where readers can ask questions or voice their concerns. The Daily Digest , our newsletter, will continue to send updates every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Every Sunday, our newsletter team will send the Weekly Rewind recapping the most important news of the week. For our campus members with an UT EID, you can access our complete, 121-year archive at supportstudentvoices.org .

Our social media team has been working tirelessly to consistently update our Twitter , Facebook and Instagram. You can find and follow us on those platforms @thedailytexan for the latest updates.

This paper is made by and for this campus. Come what may, we will do whatever it takes to continue to serve our community.

From Lisa Nhan, Managing Editor