November: Austin Live Music Monthly

Emma George

Known for its vibrant live music scene, Austin offers performances for every type of music fan. From folk and indie-rock to mainstream pop, The Daily Texan compiled a list of must-see shows this month.

Free: Juniper Berries, Billy Glitter and Gilded Lows 

Hole in the Wall, located on The Drag, welcomes upcoming artists almost every night. On Friday at 8 p.m. the venue will host three artists in one night: Juniper Berries, Billy Glitter and Gilded Lows. Austin locals can enjoy the live music scene more intimately at Hole in the Wall, one of the city’s oldest music venues.

$25: The Walters

Following the band’s reformation in 2021 from a four-year-long hiatus, The Walters, an indie-pop band from Chicago, will visit the Mohawk this Thursday at 8:30 p.m. Fans can expect the band to play some of their biggest hits, including “I Love You So.” While listeners may expect a relaxed indie concert, they can prepare for an exciting crowd with moshing and crowd-surfing. 

$27.50: Peter McPoland: “The Piggy Tour” with Stephen Dawes

After signing to Columbia Records in 2021 and releasing his debut album in August this year, Peter McPoland recently embarked on his first headlining tour. The breakout artist will stop by Emo’s this Thursday at 7 p.m. McPoland engages his audience often, creating an enthusiastic, frenzied crowd. Fans should prepare to catch McPoland as he often crowd-surfs through the audience.

Starting at $29: The Japanese House with Quinnie

English indie-pop musician Amber Bain, known professionally as The Japanese House, will take over Emo’s this Friday. Concert-goers can anticipate an intimate, touching experience. Bain will perform fan favorites, focusing on her most recent album, In The End It Always Does. Fans can expect lyrical, emotional ballads and a dreamy concert atmosphere.

Starting at $55: The National

After releasing two albums in 2023, with features from both Taylor Swift and Phoebe Bridgers, the indie rock band from Cincinnati will grace the Moody Center on Nov. 17. Changing up the setlist slightly in every show, fans can expect surprises. With a catalog spanning more than two decades, fans of all ages can enjoy the show.

Starting at $79: Doja Cat: “The Scarlet Tour”

World-renowned pop star Doja Cat will paint Austin red as she brings “The Scarlet Tour” to the Moody Center on Monday. Fans can expect a whopping five-act show as Doja Cat emphasizes her latest release by playing 15 out of 17 songs on Scarlet and her most popular songs from previous albums, such as “Ain’t Shit,” “Say So,” “Need to Know” and “Kiss Me More.”