UT extends enrollment deposit deadline for admitted students to June 1 amid financial aid delays

Teagan Jensen

The University now allows admitted students to extend their enrollment deposit deadline to June 1 due to nationwide delays in processing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid

The University joins at least 240 other colleges and universities that made the decision to extend enrollment deadlines due to FAFSA delays, according to the National Association of College Admission Counseling. Previously, students were required to submit their $200 enrollment deposit fee by May 1, also known as National College Decision Day, to secure a spot for the upcoming semester. 

To take advantage of this extended deadline and hold a spot at UT, admitted students must notify the University about their delayed payment by May 1, University spokesperson Kathleen Harrison said. Students can do so via MyStatus.

“We appreciate that as students are determining which university to attend this fall, it is important for them to know what financial assistance is available before making a final decision,” Harrison said in the email. 

As current and admitted students and their families continue to wait for the release of financial aid packages, Harrison said FAFSA workshops are available through Texas One Stop for additional guidance.