How to do SXSW for free: Wednesday

1. Rock On Foundation Presents Sneakers and Speakers Day Party at Club Deville, 12 p.m.-6 p.m.

Sneakers and Speakers benefit concerts have been occurring in New Hampshire since 2007, but this year is the first South By Southwest appearance. Club Deville will be serving free cocktails, beer and samples of Rudy’s barbecue, and although an RSVP is required, it does not guarantee admission. Be sure to arrive early to secure a spot in time for acoustic-folk singer Dallas Green’s set.

2. Waterloo Records SXSW 2013 Day Party at Waterloo Records parking lot, 12 p.m.-6 p.m.

Waterloo is filling its parking lot with an array of top acts this South By. Macklemore will be in town, most likely singing about second-hand shopping, and ACL veterans Tegan & Sara return to supply a fresh batch of punky girl rock. We recommend arriving in time to catch twenty | one | pilots’ electronic pop set.

3. BTRtoday Presents South X East X West Spring Bash at The Liberty, 12 p.m.-6:45 p.m.

BreakThru Radio is taking over The Liberty on Wednesday afternoon to supply a diverse and wide-ranging set of bands from Yip Deceiver, which houses members of Of Montreal, to Portland-based Radiation City. Local artist Dana Falconberry is also making one of many SXSW appearances.

4. Class Nude Presents Sad Boys’ Bridal Club SXSW 2013 Showcase at 1105 1/2 Tillery Street, 12:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m.

If enticing band titles like Slutever and Glass Pennies aren’t enough to bring a small crowd to the Sad Boys’ Bridal Club showcase, the free beer should do the trick. Junk-pop band Squarehead is traveling all the way from Dublin to play a free show and is worth checking out.

5. KEXP at SXSW 2013 at Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop, 11:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.

Seattle-based radio station KEXP is doing a series of live broadcasts again this year from Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop throughout SXSW. This is the best show for under-21s to catch an Unknown Mortal Orchestra set all week.