Early voting for local elections begins

voting1 _2018-10-23_EarlyVotingFAC_Pedro
Pedro Luna

Early voting for Austin-area elections began Monday and will continue until April 30, with Election Day falling on May 4. The ballot has a variety of propositions, as well as mayor and city council positions for cities around Austin.

Travis County Municipal Utility District No. 14, which spans from Austin to Elgin, has three propositions on the ballot. Proposition A would issue $41 million in bonds for water, wastewater and drainage system facilities. Proposition B would issue $2.88 million in bonds for park and recreational facilities. Proposition C would issue $61.5 million in bonds for park and recreational facilities as well as drainage system facilities.

Another item on the ballot would create the Travis County Emergency Services District No. 16 in the Pedernales area. Proposition A would create and fund the Emergency Services District, which would provide additional emergency services to the Lakeway area. The proposition would authorize ESD 16 to tax homeowners up to $0.10 per $100 of property valuation.

Eanes Independent School District has Proposition A on the ballot, which would issue $80 million in bonds for construction and improvement of school buildings in the district. Also in EISD, Leya Simmons and James Spradley are running for Place 4 of the Board of Trustees, Heather Sheffield is running uncontested for Place 6, and Ellen Balthazar and McKennon Rice are running for Place 7.

The Village of Webberville has one item on the ballot. Proposition A would reauthorize the local sales and use tax to provide revenue for the maintenance and repair of municipal streets.

In the City of Lakeway, Sandy Cox and Tom Kilgore are running for mayor. Seven people — Lisa Butler, Sanjeev Kumar, Doug Howell, Marvin Mead, Gretchen Vance, Sean Sutton and Julie Reichert — are running for three available positions as council members.

In Round Rock, Blane Conklin and Rene Flores are running for Place 2 of the City Council. Hilda Montgomery and Selicia Sanchez-Adame are running for Place 6.

In Pflugerville Independent School District, Renae Mitchell is running for Place 3 of the Board of Trustees and Vernagene Mott is running for Place 4. Brian Allen, April Griffin and Charlie Torres are running for Place 5

In Briarcliff, Tim Crain, Michael Wright and Al Hostetler are running for mayor. Dave Hertel and James Johnston are running for two available positions as aldermen, who are elected members of the municipal council.